Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easter 2012

I know, I know. I’m way late! Oh well, better late than never.

We enjoyed our morning of Easter baskets. We even took a video of Dylan coming out to find it. There was a note from the Easter Bunny for D. There was even a basket and note for dada! We had a long day full of fun and good times. We were tuckered out by the end and realized we took really NO pictures of all the fun and people we were with all day!

We got ready and headed off to church (without taking any pictures!!). We had a great day listening to stories about Jesus and his resurrection. We are so grateful to know we are a family FOREVER and will be able to be together again after we die. Jesus is our Savior and our Brother. We are so grateful for him and all he did for us while he was living on the Earth. 

007 

Elmo themed Easter for our Elmo fiend! He got some movies: Veggie Tales – The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything, Barney – Please and Thank You, and Horton Hears a Who. We haven’t really ventured in to the land of movies with him yet. We have some Elmo movies, but they are only about 45 minutes long, so he’s ok with that. He really only stays interested in one of them for the whole movie. It is a music one, and he LOVES it! We played it for him when we went on a date a few weeks ago and the sitter said he cried for all of one second before running back to the TV to watch it! ha ha That’s good, I guess.

008 

Elmo eggs with fruit snacks and gold fish inside. Yes, I’m that mom. I don’t want him eating candy and sugar all the time. We took him trick or treating, but we didn’t give him any of the candy! We only went to like 4 houses, so it wasn’t that bad. He did get a few M&M’s when he did a solo egg hunt at my parents’ house. He liked them! Occasionally we give him chocolate milk or a piece of something sweet we’re eating.

009

Sesame Street coloring book, that we’ve already been enjoying.

010

His Elmo basket I found at Target a few months ago. It’s fuzzy and soft. He likes to give it kisses. I had to get it when I saw it, because he LOVES Elmo.

Sadly, we didn’t get any pictures of ourselves all dressed up on Easter Sunday. The following are the only pictures of us that were taken!

002

Ben and Dylan fell asleep watching his new movies. I even joined in for a while, but I got up to take this picture, then Ben got hot so I transferred Dylan to his bed to finish his nap!

003

My boys.

004

Close up.

006

*sigh Sweet, sweet little man! I love you my Dylan!

0 comments: