Monday, March 26, 2012

Baby update

Oh…

……

Em…

……

Gee…   aI…   arR…   elL

 

064

That’s right folks! We are expecting a baby girl in July 2012! We are super excited and so grateful for another healthy baby arriving soon (wow, more than half way already)!

069

(The doctor said she was cute already! I agree, but I’m partial. Winking smile)

070

The night before our ultrasound Ben and I laid in bed talking about the baby, and what gender we thought it would be. It’s funny, but we hadn’t really talked about the baby very often. But we both agreed that we thought it was going to be revealed as a girl. Which totally excited me! I don’t know if I was trying not to get my hopes up for a girl or if I truly felt this way, but I wanted it to be a boy. I wanted Dylan to grow up with a little brother for his playmate. I know he will love his sister just as much, and that this is definitely the Lord’s plan, so I’m not upset in the least. We didn’t really care either way, we just wanted it to be healthy!! But as soon as I didn’t see the evidence of a boy on the screen and the doctor wrote “girl” on it, I have been totally excited (as I knew I would be, it’s not like I didn’t want a girl).

I’m so excited for the ENORMOUS selection for cute and trendy girl clothes, bows, pink, glitter, animal print, etc. *Deep breath. I need to calm down. I already have a bunch of ideas for things I want to make with my new sewing skills (which aren’t all that great). I figure it can’t be that hard to make a cover for my car seat. I already made some cloth diaper burp rags for some ladies in my ward, so I have that kind of figured out, at lease some kinks worked out. I would like to make some bedding, but we won’t have a crib for a while and she’ll probably sleep in our room so it kind of isn’t that crucial. I have even watched some videos on how to make bows (though it was in the summer time and I made a few for some people)… so cute!

Anyway, YAY for a baby! Yay for a girl!

7 comments:

Ano Nymous said...

Dear Micro,
Your genes are amazing and you have no option but to be beautiful, but you're also coming into a family that will show you how to be a good friend, sister, caregiver, and so much more. I'm so excited to meet you, and for us to have girly shopping days, and to take you to get pedicures, and to dress you up in tutus until you're big enough to stop me from doing it (these are not in chronological order, but whatever). I love you so much, already, tiny girl!
XOXO,
Auntie Ashley

Amanda said...

Yay! Girls are so much fun. It will be awesome to have a boy and girl...you get the best of everything! Hooray! Glad to hear all is well!

Bethany said...

Yay for little girls!! Congrats!

jlbunting.com said...

Oh, she is going to be so cute! And so dolled up! Congratulations!

itsourwonderfullife said...

YAY for a baby sister for D! Lucky parents that this will be a wonderful second addition to the Dohm fam!!

XOXO
C

aka Biff

Chris and Christine said...

I'm so excited your having a girl!! Congratulations!

Leanne said...

Yay! Congratulations! So fun to have one of each!