It’s official! We’re having …
a baby! Look thru these wives tales and tell me what you think. Unless you already heard it from me already!
We are going to find out the gender of our baby. We found out with Dylan, and we’ll find out again. BUT, I do think it would be pretty cool to be surprised at the end!
So I though it would be fun to try out the wives’ tales I can find to “predict” the gender before we go!
Pendent Swing
When holding a pendent, or ring on a string, etc. above your belly or hand if the pendent swings back ‘n forth = boy, if it goes in a circular motion = girl.
Mine went immediately in circular motion, then slowed and went back ‘n forth, then stopped all together! What does that mean??
Face Shape
If your face becomes more full and round = girl.
I have no particular roundness in my face at this point.
Acne
If your skin becomes full of acne = girl.
I have had a few extra battles with some acne, but it goes away almost like it would normally. Maybe extra estrogen??
Pick up a Key
If you pick it up from the thin end = girl, picking it up from the rounder fat end = boy.
I pick up from the fat end.
Cravings
Sour/salty cravings = boy, sweet cravings = girl
Mixed. Every day I want salty, all day. Then at night I want sweet.
Carrying Low vs. High
If you’re carrying low = boy, carrying high = girl.
I can’t say one way or the other. I am barely showing still (blessing, but annoying since I’m so excited for it). I am starting to pop now though. I feel like I look the same as with Dylan.
Red Cabbage
Boil red cabbage and keep the red juice. Collect a cup of the same amount of urine. Mix together and the color determines the gender. Red/pink = less acidic and girl, dark purple = more acidic and boy. They say you can do it before 10 weeks, but they don’t say you cannot do it after 10 weeks… I don’t know if the ph levels change after that and don’t make a difference anymore. See for yourself. I did it twice.
3/5 p.m. Cabbage water and urine
mixed – not much change = girl
3/6 a.m. urine cabbage water
mixed – not much change = girl
both results next to each other
Like I said, the results may mean nothing, because of the fact that I am already 21 weeks. The results of this test may only be accurate before 10 weeks, based on potency of the new baby’s hormones(?).
Heart Rate
140/+ bpm = girl, 139/- = boy (saw one that used 150 today)
I feel like this was wrong with Dylan. But the heart rate today (3/6/12) was 149.
Chinese Birth Calendar
Based on mother’s age at conception, and month of conception = gender.
27 and October = girl…
Stress Test
A child tends to be of the same sex as the parent who is less stressed at the time of conception.
Interesting… based on stress levels I guess I was less stressed (but maybe more frustrated?). So girl?
Dream Meanings
If you dream about having a girl while pregnant, you will wind up having a boy and vice versa.
Haven’t dreamed of the baby after being born yet…
Even or Odd Numbers
The Mayans would look at the mothers age at conception and the year of conception. If both numbers are even or odd = girl, if one is even and one is odd = boy.
27 and 2011 = girl…. BUT 26 and 2010 = girl and we got a Dylan!
Eat Garlic
Guess the baby's sex by eating garlic. If the smell seeps out of your pores it's a boy. If there's no scent it's a little girl.
I haven’t paid attention.
Body Changes
- If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? A girl. Weirdly enough. I was super cautious to sleep on my left side while pregnant before. Now I feel more comfortable on my right most nights.
- Extreme nausea means you are having a girl. No.
- If your hands are dry, you are having a boy; soft -- expect a girl. If you know me well, you know pregnancy would probably not effect my dry skin, but I have definitely felt more dry lately!
- If you're craving citrus, you're having a girl. Not particularly.
- If your skin breaks out, expect a girl. A little.
- If you feel graceful during pregnancy, you'll have a girl. Clumsy? It's a boy.
- If you gain weight in your face, it means you're having a girl. No.
- Craving salt? Expect a boy. A little something sweet? You're having a girl. BOTH
- If your right breast is larger than the left, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, a boy. TMI! – if you really want to know you can ask me, then I’ll know we’re really good friends!
- Feeling extremely moody? Expect a girl.



0 comments:
Post a Comment