Sunday, February 12, 2012

7 years of Heaven

Yesterday was our 7th wedding anniversary!

049

353

476

It seems like we’ve been together all our lives. BUT, I seriously feel like our marriage has flown by! It is also the 2nd anniversary of when I found out we were going to have this little bundle of joy in our lives!

066

birth014

dylan2

It is such a special day in my heart! We celebrated by being able to hang out together as a family all day. Then Ben’s friend and his wife offered to watch him for us so we could go out and have a date. They are expecting and actually said they’d like to keep him overnight so they could experience it and so we could stay out late. They are so sweet! So we did. It was EXTREMELY weird not having him with us when we went out, and him not being there in the house with us all night! Ask me how we slept?! ha ha When I laid my head down my brain was in overdrive. I could literally HEAR him crying in his room! Relax mom!

Anyway, due to lack of planning on our part we didn’t get to see our movie, and our dinner reservation was at 9pm. Instead of seeing the movie Ben took me to BestBuy and bought me all the Twilight movies! ha ha Then we leisurely headed over to Fogo de Chao! If you haven’t tried it you NEED to. It is so delicious! We ate our money’s worth last night.

020

021 That’s our crème brule!

Then we made our full and sleepy way home to “watch” my movies. I decided to start with the previous movie, since Ben hadn’t seen that one yet. I fell asleep for the beginning then woke up and watched the end. Ben stayed up for the beginning and fell asleep for the end! I couldn’t stay up any longer so we went to bed. That’s when I heard Dylan crying… Neither of us slept very well. Funny. We woke up early and talked and waited for our friends to call to let us know he was awake and we could come get him. When we got him he was happy to see us and we were happy to see him too! We really missed our little chub! This was his first time being with a “babysitter” while we went out, and staying overnight somewhere without us. He’s such a blessing to our marriage and our lives! We are so blessed to have him, and to have the next bundle of joy on it’s way!

Happy 7th anniversary my love! I couldn’t imagine life with anyone else! You make me who I am!

2 comments:

itsourwonderfullife said...

CONGRATS on 7 years you two!!! You are so beautiful inside and out my sweet friend. XOXO

jlbunting.com said...

Congratulations you two! I totally understand how you were feeling when Dylan was gone. I get anxious when John takes Kevin out to run errands on a Saturday and I can't wait to get him back! Your long hair is so pretty, I love it!