Well, if you couldn't guess, or believe from the previous post...Ben has joined the air force. He went in on Tuesday, September 15, 2009. He is doing his basic training right now. He will be there for 8 1/2 weeks. He graduates BMT on November 13. They he has a technical school for his job, which he's hoping will be fire fighter. The only branch of the military that has a specific job duty of fire fighter is the air force. The technical school will be about 13-16 weeks. He will more than likely be in San Angelo, TX for that. It is about 3-4 hours away. About halfway through the technical school he will be able to leave for the weekends. But until then the only time I will see him is on Thursday, November 12-Sunday November 15. I already received my one assured phone call. Any other phone conversations will because his flight (team) has earned them by being really good. So, I wait every day on pins and needles for my phone to ring. It's fun! Not really. It should have a warning like: "If you suffer from a weak heart you will not get any phone calls." That way if you do it's a surprise. hee hee
Well, I'm doing ok so far. I have the puppies to keep me company. They lay with me in the evenings and bark at anyone who walks by. They keep me safe, and most nights I have Tobey lay on top of the blanket in bed with me so I'm not "alone." Funny what makes you feel better. Surprisingly I have only had a couple melt-downs, and they were in relation to phone calls from him. Those were hard because I didn't know if they would be the last time for the whole 9 weeks that I got to talk to him. So, I'm good now. Still as emotional as ever, but handling it with dignity, or so I think! No, I really am fine. I don't have a lot to do, but I'm doing well. There is nothing. I am lacking or needing right now. Someone cut my grass for me the other day. Sweet right? So things are good. I just hope the time goes by fast so I don't have to get the dreaded question too much.
"So, how are you doing?"
"Oh, I'm great. How are you?"
"No, no. How are you REALLY doing?"
That gets hard after a couple in a row. It's nice to know that people care enough to ask, and I would probably do the same thing. But when I'm doing something I'm usually trying to forget that he's not there, so it is weird when someone reminds me how much I miss him. I'm not going to lie. It is hard. I'm sure a lot of women know how hard it really is. I just know that he is my best friend and it is hard to be away from him for one day let alone 6 months. But I know this is the path that we should be on. That gives me courage, and strength. I have people here who love me and will take care of me. I love that and am so grateful to them for treating me like family!
I love you all and hope that all is well for you! I know that you all have hard things in your lives also. My love goes out to you and my prayers are with you! I wish you a happy week and keep posting. It gives me something to do! ha ha
Summer 2020 Family Trips
-
2020 has been an interesting year with the COVID-19 Pandemic. We had plans
to go on a Disney Cruise, and Hawaii... but alas, things changed.... so we
CA...
5 years ago



3 comments:
You are so tough and strong! I would have a hard time with Erik being gone. Hang in there!
Big props to you! You have strength that I don't have! Maybe you could repaint and redecorate a room in your house while he is gone. (if any room needs a make over). It could be a slow work in progress. Then it could be a nice surprise for him when he gets home! That always keeps my mind off of everything else! I know you weren't asking for suggestions:). Way to go for being so tough and supporting your husband!
Shek, our prayers are with you and know it is going to be really tough. You are wonderful and strong and I know you will be alright through it all. I just hope if there's a way we can help make things easier, you will ask us to do us. Loving you...
Post a Comment