Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What's new...

Well, I have neglected the blog for a while now. I am going to try and update it more regularly. I'm not arrogant because I don't even know how many people read this, but I know how hard it is for me to wait for new posts from my friends and family!
So we got called in to see the second counselor a few weeks ago...Well, the phone call was for me. So I thought I was going to be released and put into the nursery (I had the insider info on the primary callings and lack thereof), but that didn't happen. I did get released, but no new calling. And surprisingly Ben got another or a hand-in-hand calling. He is still the assistant deacon's advisor, but is also the assistant scout master. Yay. He is on a camp out as I type this. He is having a miserable time with bugs and heat and all that. Poor Ben!
So, the next day at church we found out we had a new Bishop! The ward had been talking about it for a while, so it wasn't unexpected, but it was a surprise. This week is our Stake Conference. I haven't had a calling for about 3 weeks now, and it is kind of killing me. Going from being important to the survival of the children (or the primary leaders) to not even doing anything is hard. It makes you think you have nothing to offer. I know this is not true, but my mind is taking it pretty hard. I like having a calling and a responsibility. It helps me to fit in and not having one is tricky. Nice, but tricky.
Well, we've had the new puppy for two months now. She is still not understanding the whole no potty in the house. We were trying to be understanding and nice, but now it is old. We are putting her inside her kennel all day except for when she is outside, eating, or playing with Tobey for a few minutes after she eats. She has to get it soon or I don't know what I'm going to do!!!! I'm trying to show her that when she goes inside it is bad, and when she goes outside it is good. I did it today. She went inside and I put her nose in it and used a "mean" voice towards her, then I took her outside and told her to go there. I actually took some of it outside to prove the point. I put her nose in it outside and rubbed her and told her she was good, then inside and it was bad. I did it over and over again, then put her in her kennel. I think she, for the most part, understands the pee part, but the other is the problem. My other problem is that I don't want her to get any bigger than she is right now!!!
Ben and I have been going out on a boat with our friends the Brosies a lot lately. We went out for 4 hours the other day in the middle of the day and I didn't even think about sunscreen on my arms and legs. I got totally burned. I am now peeling. It has been about a week. I am glad that today was my day off because I look like I have leprosy! I have all kinds of patches of different colors, skin falling off, and when I go outside with the dogs I get sweat pockets! Eww gross! They look like blisters but they are sweat pockets under the dead skin! Yuck! We read on the internet about a home remedy using vinegar on the burn within 24 hours. Ben tryied this a few weeks ago and it made him more comfortable. I tried it right when we got home because I already knew I was burned. Maybe I did it too early, but it had a horrible effect on me. It started to hurt, sting, and burn, and I was breathing in the vinegar or pickle smell. It was burning so much I was crying. My arms and legs were so hot and so red, they were burning! I showered off and took a COLD shower for 20 minutes. It was unbearable! It was so aweful and I don't know why it happened. I guess it is just my wonderful skin. Maybe it was just a freak thing! Besides that we are enjoying the water and wakeboarding! It is so awesome! Ben is getting boat fever, and so am I!
Well, I know I started pretty much every paragraph with "Well," but oh well! I hope everyone is doing well! I miss you all! We think we are going to CA in August. We'll keep you posted! Have a great day all!



This wasn't Ben jumping, but I couldn't get a good one of him. This is what we've been doing. I even got in one jump (not very high, but my first one)too!

1 comments:

Tamster said...

Hey, that's cool! Well, except the burn part, which would be hot! ;-)

I know how it feels to not have a calling and feel unwanted or useless. I also know how it feels to not have a calling and actually kind of enjoy the break, especially right after having a baby and moving. Just enjoy the break; you'll get another calling soon enough, I'm sure. Hey, you never know... maybe you were released because there will be other big changes with the new bishopric and you'll end up doing something else important. Even nursery leader is important. Just be patient. You'll find out soon enough! :-)