Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Leave your Problems at the Door

This is my new moto daily! There was a story on General Conference one year about a man who always left his problems outside in the tree when he came home from work. Then in the morning he'd take them back again. So he always had a good time with his family and his children! I am trying to do this now. I have a lot of things to think about now and a lot of work that takes up a lot of time and stresses me out. But as I come home I want to just be me, not the boss from work.
We went to Louisiana last weekend. I flew back on Monday morning so that I could be back for work! We actually went there for a real purpose...Ben's dad was set apart in a new calling. He is now the Bishop of the Slidell ward. We got to see his family and his grandparents and neice and nephew! I liked it! We had fun and got to both relax a little.
I have to go to Dallas for two days for a manger's meeting for our whole district! It is going to be good, but interesting. I am glad for the opportunity to do and learn a lot of new things and be able to do things better!
Our neighbors have been great - the watched our Tobey for us and will do it again!
Hope October is treating you all well! I can't wait to hear from you all, so drop me a line!

3 comments:

DJK43 said...

Hello Sheky: Thinking of you. Love you Mom & Dad Kent on Rowland

Kents said...

Shekky,
Can you send more wedding pictures? I would love to see them. The one on your blog is so small, but it looks like a good pic. XOXO
Kirsten in the smoky land of So. Cal.

The Huffaker Family said...

Chica!!! I love reading your blog too!! It is great to hear that you are doing awesome at work!! When is the next time you are going to come to CA? I miss you tons!! I love you too!!