Well, I know it has been a long time since I have written anything on the blog, but I think I have good reasons! First: My new position has been giving me some very big challenges in the first 3 weeks. I had only 4 managers for 2 stores, so needless to say I was trying to find people to add in and create a full management team. On Wednesday (my 3rd day in charge) one manager came in and handed me her keys. She said she couldn't give me any notice and she felt "really bad about not being able to give a notice" but she felt like she couldn't do it any longer. I told her I needed her for two weeks, because I already had one manager that would be starting the next week and I needed her to stay until the new one got her keys (they have two weeks of training before they take a test with our training manager, then they get to have keys to the store). That same week I had to cover the manager's shifts who left. I worked 62 hours that week. The next week we had our floorset to do. I had to split it up into two nights; we did our men's on Friday night and our women's on Sunday night. Luckily it went without too many hitches (at least on my side). I worked about 56 hours that week. But I am proud to say it got done by... nevermind about the date, but both sides were done when I left yesterday afternoon. Second: Our computer got a Trojan virus that attacked us with pop-ups so badly we couldn't do anything on the internet. Our new home teacher is a computer programmer and he took our computer and got rid of the virus for us. That was quite nice!
Our new building is done now, and our first Sunday in it is October 14th, the week after General Conference (which I am looking forward to). We found out Sunday at church that our ward was splitting. Ben was able to go to the meeting that evening (I was at work) and we found out that we are in an entirely new ward. It is called Vista Ridge. It is a combination of one part Leander ward and one part Carriage Hills ward. Ben brought home a map and a ward list. We are in the ward with Jay and Shekendra Van Sickle, and Georgio and Sonya Nallira who Ben used to work with. I have no doubt that (for those of you who know Shekendra) I will once again be confused with her. I grew up in a ward where Shekendra had grown up, she was my sisters' age and no one ever remembered my name. So it will probably happen a lot for us both now. I think that is going to be pretty funny!
This week my District Manager is coming to my stores on Thursday and I am going to be there for that. It will be good to have her come in and tell me I'm doing a good job, but give me things I need to change also...I need more managers in order to get everything done. On Monday my new manager takes her "key test" and then, hopefully, it will work out to where we will be able to all work 40 hours again...besides me. I feel bad making them work so much right now, but they understand and I am grateful for them!
My best friend Corinne Jenkins (not for long) is engaged and getting married in the Los Angeles Temple in the end of December! I am so excited! I just hope that my DM will let me take some time off at that time of the year. I better have my management in order at that time! It's also my birthday and I'd like to spend it with my family!
If you're reading this you're probably well acquainted with me. I just want to tell you that I love you and appreciate that you are experiencing this time in my life with me, no matter how far away you may be! I miss you all and can't wait to hear from you!
Summer 2020 Family Trips
-
2020 has been an interesting year with the COVID-19 Pandemic. We had plans
to go on a Disney Cruise, and Hawaii... but alas, things changed.... so we
CA...
5 years ago



3 comments:
Yeay for the update. I hope we can see you at the end of December. We saw Jay and Shekendra at Randy's wedding. They are SUCH nice people. How fun to be in their ward. You should just tell everyone you are sisters. :-) Dave Maddux wanted to know if you and Ben wanted to come back to Camarillo and rent one of his new houses with us. Ha ha. I told him only if he keeps the price $1350 a month.
Love you,
Kirsten
Hey Chica!! You've been busy!!! Wow...you are amazing!! It's good to hear that things are going well for you! I love you lots!
Val
Hey there! It was fun getting an "honorable mention" in your blog!! I almost cried cuz I miss my friend and I was so excited to hear that you were trying, and hoping, to come home for my wedding and your birthday... and of course your family!! Congrats on all your accomplishments! You deserve it! I check your blog all the time, well everytime I'm on the computer, so keep it coming! We are both so busy and have conflicting schedules that this is almost the best way to keep updated with our lives! I'm planning on setting up a blog page but I don't think it'll happen till after the wedding... too much to do till then! Love you and miss you tons!
~Corinne
Post a Comment