Thursday, September 6, 2012

3 Weeks Old

 

Well, it’s confirmed. The “residual pain” I talked about in my “2 Weeks Old” post was thrush. I don’t know why I even thought of it, but one day I decided (from the tiny amount I had ever heard about it) that it was thrush. I asked my husband if he learned anything about it in his training and he said no. So the next day I searched the web. I discovered that the symptoms I felt I had were associated with it. The pain had nothing to do with a poor latch, it lasted way past when she was eating, and it burned like lemon juice in a paper cut. I was brought to tears a few times when my husband asked me why I was doing it. “I have to feed my baby” I answered. He told me to find another way, so that I wasn’t in so much pain. I think that was the worst of it, then it got progressively better.

After I did my investigation on the web I called and made an appt at the doctor since there is medicine for the baby. The doctor confirmed that she indeed had thrush in her mouth and it had made it’s way to a regular yeast infection on her bum too. We got our prescriptions on the way home and started them immediately. I started pumping and bottle feeding for a while to get thru some of the pain. Ben also brought me home a pill for yeast infections to take. The only downside was I couldn’t nurse her for 12 hours after taking the pill. So I went out and got some formula and took the pill.

She’s still sleeping great, day and night. I am so lucky. Dylan was the kind of baby to wake up E.V.E.R.Y. 2-4 hours, on-the-dot to nurse. Some of that may have been me picking him up at the first sound he made, and the other may have been that he’s a boy? Maybe my milk is better this time around? Anyway…

She is still too small for all her newborn clothes. I bought one outfit in a preemie size just in case. She wore that a few times, but it was too small already. And the 0-3 month stuff, forget it! She’s swimming!

Her eyes are still greyish and changing. Right now I am thinking they may be green, but both her grandpas have blue… Her hair is lightening up a bit, but still not sure if it will be blonde. I think (hope) it will!

She’s just a doll, and we love her so so much! Dylan is still in the uninterested stage. He doesn’t much care one way or the other. I can occasionally get him to give her a kiss, but he won’t try to hold her yet. He does like to “give” her her binkie. More like shove it in her face and mouth. She doesn’t complain, yet… He also likes to steal it and run around with it. I can’t wait till they are buddies!

08 Aug 11 (2)

08 Aug 11 (4)

08 Aug 11 (5)

08 Aug 11 (6)

08 Aug 12 (1)

08 Aug 12 (2)

08 Aug 12 (4)

08 Aug 14 (2)

08 Aug 14 (3)

08 Aug 15 (1)

08 Aug 15 (2)

08 Aug 15 (3)

08 Aug 15 (4)

08 Aug 16 (1)

08 Aug 16 (2)

08 Aug 16 (4)

08 Aug 16 (6)

08 Aug 16 (9)

08 Aug 16 (10)

08 Aug 16 (12)

08 Aug 20 (3)

0 comments: