Our cutest little man after our Christmas Eve dinner out. It was a nice night. We were all starving, so there wasn’t much talking, but we sure love each other. He’s the best little chubby we could ever ask for!
Looking at all the loot under the tree. Maybe I’m a control freak, but I have kept the tree strictly off limits for little fingers. We have to block off the stereo anyway so our little button-pusher doesn’t make it too hard for dadda to fix every night! He was loving checking it all out and touching it – quite softly I might add. So proud of my big boy (who will always be my little baby)!!
Closer shot of his enjoyment of the sight of our tree and presents.
Our first attempt at our Christmas family photo. Pretty good, but we have a distracted boy.
Oops. Mom forgot to push the timer button before pushing the actual capture button. Doesn’t matter. I sure do love my boys!
A-ha! Sweet success. Pretty sure Dylan wasn’t mad, but as long as he was in it (and he’s always adorable) I’m good with that. It was getting late and we still had to open all our presents since we were heading down to Camarillo early on Christmas morning to be part of a church baby blessing, and then Christmas festivities.
Almost my whole family was here for Christmas this year. One sister with her family was missing. This was the first time since 2005 I have been in CA with my family for Christmas. 2006 was spent with Ben’s family in Louisiana (easy since we were in TX). 2007-2009 I was a store manager in retail and couldn’t be gone during the holidays. 2010 we had a 2 month old sweetheart, and were trying to finish our house and sell it so we could be together again.
I am so grateful to be here with my husband and our son. I am grateful to have our health and so many rich blessings. I am grateful for a Saviour who came to the world to bless all our lives by giving up his. His birth was the beginning of every good thing. I love to set our nativity and look at all the different pieces. They are so different, but fit in the scene so well. Our Saviour, our brother, born and laid in a manger on hay with the animals. He was born in the humblest of circumstances, yet he was the King of King and Lord of Lords. He never stopped the awful torture that was inflicted upon him, but bore it with kindness and love. “Forgive them for they know not what they do.”
I am so grateful to know the truth of Jesus Christ, and to have my family with me forever!



0 comments:
Post a Comment