Thursday, April 15, 2010

New York, New York

I am going on a trip to New York! It is a business celebration/trip. Every month each store manager has the opportunity to earn points. You earn points based on sales +/-, average $ per customer, average units per transaction, and our loss %. So each month and each quarter they have winners, and I was blessed to win a couple times. At the end of the year they have what they call Inner Circle. It is the top 5% of store managers. For 2009 I was one of them!! So I get to go to NY for an awards ceremony and some fun time. We are going to see... Wicked at the Girshwin theater! I haven't seen it yet, but have heard from almost all my family that it is so cool! So I'm totally excited! We are staying at a posh hotel on Park Avenue and will go to the Hard Rock Cafe for our dinner ceremony.
On our free day I think I'm going to go to the temple, since it's only a few miles away! I'm also thinking about Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building... I need some guidance! If you have any good tips for me, let me know! I'm super excited and can't wait for next week! Then when I get back my sister (Ben's sister) and her husband are coming to visit for a few days! Then the week after that ... BEN COMES HOME FOR TWO WEEKS!!!
I hope every one is doing well! Have a great day!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Shakirra, that sounds awesome! Hey, and my mom told me that you're expecting a baby in the Fall too! Congrats! How have you been feeling? Will you post about it soon? I hope everything is going well...it sounds like you're a pro at your job! Have so much fun in New York, I've never been so not any help there.