Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm thankful for...

A few weeks ago I said I wanted to put up a post of the things I am the most grateful for and that I am trying to enjoy every minute of. I meant to do it as sort of an installment, so you would get one week, then another,etc. I had it all planned out, then life happened. It has been a few crazy weeks! Now that I'm about to leave and be even busier I want to make sure that I get it all down before I completely forget! So here goes...




First Comes Love...



Can you believe this picture was taken 10 years ago next month? Ben and I have been together for 10 years now. That is amazing! I still feel butterflies in my stomach and get so excited when I hear his voice on the other end of the phone line! I can't express in words what a delightful feeling it is to KNOW that you are with your one true love for all eternity!




Then Comes Marriage...



What a happy and amazing day this was! I remember sitting inside the temple with Ben on a bench before we got married. Sitting there in the San Diego temple looking out the beautiful windows and sitting with the love of my life made me so happy! I can't imagine a better feeling than waiting to marry the one you never want to be parted from! What happy memories I have of that day. It was raining slightly, but it made no difference to us!




Then Comes ...



That's right friends! We're gonna have a BABY!!! I'm almost 14 weeks and feeling great! Just wanted to let you all in on our little (for now) secret! Thought you'd like to share in our joy! We are super excited and can't wait to find out whether we need to buy pink or blue things!
Yay! Hope this post finds you all as happy as we are now!



11 comments:

trine k said...

HOOOOOOORAY!!! We are very very very excited for you, you are going to be most doting and caring mom ever! Sure love you, hope you've been feeling good...I've been excited for this day to come for you guys...wishing you the BEST! What's your due date?

Ano Nymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaaayyy!!! I'm so shrieking/jumping-for-joy/squeaking-instead-of-speaking/tears-of-happiness excited for you (typing that made me well up again). I love you, Takra!

Vanessa said...

Yahooo! Congrats guys!!!:)

Bethany said...

Woohoo!!! So excited for you two!!

Cristin said...

I'm really happy for you! How exciting.

emmy said...

I am SOOOO excited for you guys!! Mom told me to tell you to get ready because she is about to SPOIL that little one!!!! Aunt Emmy can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Leanne said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you guys! Im glad you have been feeling good too. Having a baby will be the best decision you guys will ever make....other than getting married :)

Barbara said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!! I am so excited for you! :)

Cody and Kylie said...

Thats so awesome you guys! I am so excited for you. You will be great parents. Glad you are feeling well. I can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or a girl. :) Congrats.

Cody and Kylie said...

Awesome Shakirra (and Ben)!!!! I am so excited for you. You are going to be such great parents. Glad you are doing well!

Katie said...

I love how you did this post!! We are so excited for you guys!!!