Ben is now a volunteer member of the ... 
He had to take a skills-type test also. If any of you know Ben he has wanted/been working on getting to the point where he could do this for a long time. He finally got in touch with someone a couple months back who was able to take him through the application process and he made a good friend out of that person. She has been a real help to him to get into the program. He passed the volunteer test with flying colors. He has been going for training once a week. He has now picked up his pager and clothes. He is now official as a volunteer. This will allow him to get his foot in the door with the station when he is done with his EMT and Fire Academy.
He is amazing. He has so much drive and ambition. I am so proud of him. He is the love of my life and I am so grateful to have him in my life. He is so excited about this. He was able to hang out with the station guys for a while today and go out on some calls. He was so cute talking about the gear and the rush he felt when he was on the truck with the headset on listening to the dispatcher and the police responding to the call. I really hope he knows how happy I am for him that he is enjoying this opportunity so far. It seems like it will be a perfect fit for him.
Anyway, the "fireproof pants" come into the story because he has some items he has to go buy. One of which is blue pants, preferrably cargo pants which you can get from an online store. They are the best ones because they are fireproof, which is good for when you have to go on a brush fire call.
Did I mention I am super proud of my husband for doing such a great thing and chasing his dream?! Well, I am.
We're sending love to you all and wishing you all the best.
Happy (late) Easter! We had fun. I made the smallest ham ever seen on the face of the earth, and some potatoes juliene (spelling), asparagus, and cantelop. That was our first real Easter meal. It was pretty good! Hope you all had as much fun and celebration of the Savior's resurrection as we did!
Summer 2020 Family Trips
-
2020 has been an interesting year with the COVID-19 Pandemic. We had plans
to go on a Disney Cruise, and Hawaii... but alas, things changed.... so we
CA...
5 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment