Wednesday, March 25, 2009

H...A..I...L...

Ouch! We had a pretty good hail storm that just came through our area. It is a seasonal thing. The funny thing is that Ben and I spent the evening yesterday cleaning out our garage so we could pull both cars in if we needed to, instead of just the vw.
I was on my way out the door at work and it had just started raining. My assistant manager told me that it was pouring rain in downtown Austin, and that we had a tornado watch until 9pm. So I got into the car and called Ben to tell him. He didn't answer so I left a message to tell him about the tornado watch, and that we might need to put the cars in tonight. I was on my way home talking to a friend on the phone and Ben kept calling. I finally hung up and called him back. He told me to speed home (since I was almost there) because a hail storm was coming. He told me he didn't care if I had to go 65mph, but to get home within one minute. So I did speed a little bit to get there. I pulled into the driveway and Ben was waiting for me in the garage. I jumped out and he got in and pulled it into the garage. We were just about finished putting the rocks on top of the blankets that we put on top of the part of the truck that didn't fit under the garage. At that point in time the hail started coming down...HARD!
I have some pictures to show you!






4 comments:

t5winmom said...

WoW!!! We've never gotten hail like THAT! Just glad you or Ben weren't out walking the dogs when this let loose!
And glad there wasn't a tornado...
Miss you!!! xoxo

Vanessa said...

Hey Guys! So do you live in Austin? We are moving to San Antonio in 3 weeks! We are really excited! That is crazy hail! Tornado watch?? That freaks me out big time!

Corinne Beede said...

Texas just made the news here in Utah! They were showing golf ball size hail in Sherman, TX. Crazy business! BUt you know what they say... Everything is bigger in Texas! Am I right?! Will I ever see you again?

Vanessa said...

We are moving there for good! So we will have to get together if we are close! I'm not sure where you live.