So I reluctantly went to the doctor after 3 days of 102-104 degree temperature. They preformed the flu test on me. If you have ever had it you understand the discomfort. It is kind of like a strep test. They take a long cotton swab and put it up your nasal passage as far as they can. This causes the slightest discomfort and you have a sense of helplessness. You want to move your head (which could be bad), blow the air and the swab out of your nose, while trying not to giggle because the discomfort also feels like a tickle sensation! All that to find out I have the flu, but it is too far gone to take a treatment for it. So "drink lots of fluids, eat what you can, keep taking 2 extra strength Tylenol for the next 3 days, and use your inhalor 3 times a day for the next week."
So I was given a note for work until Monday. Just as a side note...that was one of the better parts of this week. The BEST part was having my loving husband taking care of me. I am always amazed at his love of me and his willingness to cater to my every need. I appreciate all the love he shows me and I hope that I can give him the same thing when he is ill or needs me!
Other than hoping he doesn't get sick too we are just working away still!
Sorry it has been so long.
Summer 2020 Family Trips
-
2020 has been an interesting year with the COVID-19 Pandemic. We had plans
to go on a Disney Cruise, and Hawaii... but alas, things changed.... so we
CA...
5 years ago



3 comments:
I'm sorry you've been sick. We all had something here too that we're still trying to get over completely after 3 weeks! I hope your sweet hubby doesn't get it! It's a miracle if he doesn't. Feel better soon! :-)
Yup, going on day five with a fever, and terrible aches and sinus pressure. I'm confused if it's the flu or a cold or both. Addie started with it and I just pray no one else gets it. I felt MISERABLE! Hope you're doing better. I'll be thinking of you as I try to recover as well.
XOXOXO Kirsten
What Kirsten just described sounds exactly like what we had. Jessica missed 6 days of school because of it; she still had a mild fever 8 days into it, so she didn't go back to school until the fever was for sure gone. It seems that the fever was really bad for each of us 1 or 2 days, just mild for about a week. I hope the rest of your family doesn't get it either, Kirsten, but my entire family got it, and I was the last. We also got coughs and sore throats from it, and Jessica had an ear ache one night. Not fun at all. I hope you all feel better soon and that no one else gets it. :-)
Post a Comment