I am so excited to announce that we got our FIRST ever tree, and it's a REAL Christmas tree! Yay for us!! I have never had a real live (well, dead but you know) Christmas tree. Growing up we always had a fake tree that we had to put together! This tree smells wo wonderful! Ben and I wanted to get a tree on Saturday but when we got up it was raining all day! So when I left for work Ben said he would try and get a tree if it stopped raining! So when I came home that night we had a tree drying off in the garage! I was so excited! (sorry for all the "!" I am really excited) Sunday after we got home from church I put our roast in the oven, we turned on the Christmas music (Michael Buble of course) and we put up the decorations Ben picked out! Didn't he do a great job! Our tree looks so beautiful! I love this tree and every time I walk any where near the tree it makes me smile because it smells so good! It really feels like Christmas when you have a tree and put everything together!
Shout out to my mom-Thanks again for the beautiful Nativity set! I love Willow Tree and this is my most favorite Christmas stuff that I own! I love the Christmas season and I love being able to have my favorite things out in my house!
On a work related note, I am still alive after the biggest shopping weekend of the year! We were up from our Last Year's numbers by 52%!! That is pretty great, now we have to focus on the fact that our Vice President is coming to visit this Thursday and next week we have our other VP and some of the Visual Department and corporate purchasers coming to look at our store...yay. I've heard some horror stories about the visits the second group has had, but I will just grin and bear it. It will only last one day of the week and the rest of the days will be fine.
Ben and I are really excited for Christmas to come! I am really happy and excited that I survived the Black Friday! I feel like there is nothing I can't do now. My last member of management starts tomorrow....*sigh of relief* There have been so many things to deal with in the last 3 months that it seems like I am going to have a lot of spare time - not working 65 hours a week anymore and not having to worry about what may or may not happen at work. Everything should get done now, because I have my full management staff and can make sure everyone has their responsibilities and delegations. My life is about to become a lot less stressed (knock on wood)! I am very grateful for this job. I have learned a lot about myself so far and know that I have already changed a lot. I am grateful for my calling in church and those responsibilities because it has shown me that I can be in charge of two very time consuming things at a time and still survive. I am grateful that I can see the positive in my life!
I am most grateful for my husband and his constant love and support. I am grateful that he has volunteered to take up the slack in the house and anything else while I feel unable to perform to my best ability in each part of my life. He has blessed my life and made me laugh when I wanted to cry, made me relax when I wanted to scream, made me think when I wanted to react, and made me be compassionate always! I am so blessed to have you in my life and I am so thankful that you are by my side to walk with me through every time of our lives! You are my best friend, my soul mate, my punching bag, and most importantly my love! You are the best... always know, even if I forget to say it, that I love you more than anything. You are my helpmeet in every way! I hope to be that for you also!
Love to you all this Christmas Season!
OH! and when you go shopping don't unfold stuff and leave it on the top of the table! ha ha Ok, just not in MY stores! Just kidding! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!





3 comments:
I'm glad things will be easing up for you a bit at work. It sounds like it's been rather crazy lately. Maybe now we'll hear more from you on your blog! :-) Tami
So, my heart about broke yesterday when I bought our first fake Christmas tree. Jonathan's allergies are really bad right now and the fresh tree would probably kill him. I'm deep rooted in live tree traditions, but in defense of my desire to be positive, I'm listing the good about fake trees: no sap, no needles (okay a few fake ones here and there), strong branches for the ornaments, perfect tree, no crooked top to worry about, and I'm saving our earth's Christmas tree forests (I mean farms). Having said that, YEAY for you!!!!! Enjoy your tree for me. I love you,
Kirsten
Hi Ya'll,
Although your father logged in he asked if I wanted to "talk" to you. As you know I am being dragged into this electronic age. I much prefer to talk to you on the phone, but then I would really rather talk to you face to face and give you a great big hug! As this is what I can have right now, I am happy. I really enjoyed your blog. The tree is beautiful. I was happy to see your nativity. It gives me ideas for the future - ha, ha. I tried to call you a few days after Black Friday to see how it went, but you were not available. We need to set up some kind of system or regular routine so we can talk to each other! We will be changing to 1-4 PM schedule at church starting in Jan. I have very mixed feelings about that schedule, but maybe that will make it easier to hear from you!
It sounds like all is going better at work. How did you fare with the visitors coming? Did the VPs love what you are doing? They should! I'm sure they also had suggestions. Remember, it is their job to find things to fix. If they do not find something, then their jobs could be at risk.
I finished my classes for this semester last Monday. I really thought I was going to quit in October. Then at conference Pres. Hinckley said, "Get all the education you can." I knew he was talking to me. I know that Heavenly Father stepped in and did more than half of everything this semester. Without His help and the incredible support of the best husband in the world - sorry Ben -I would never have made it. I have one class in the spring and two in the summer. I will walk for graduation in May, but have to finish the last two classes in June and July. I would love to have you here for graduation!
I love you both very much and I am very happy for your success. I am especially happy about your self-realizations. You now know what we have always known about you. You are WONDERFUL.
Love, Mama
Post a Comment