Friday, November 4, 2011

Random compliments on a normal day…

On Wednesday Ben was home sick from work, so while Dylan napped I went out to get us some lunch. I went to get Ben something he really wanted, and the only place I knew how to get to wasn’t in that great of an area. Every time I go there I ask myself why I went there. Anyway, as I drove up I saw the line for the drive thru and decided to go inside. I started walking up to the front door and a man walked out. As he approached me he said, “Hey, can I get your number?” I smiled but was totally embarrassed and said, “No, thanks. I’m married.” He basically was still speaking and I couldn’t understand most of it, but as I walked thru the door he said, “God loves you ‘cause you’re his child.” I thought that was the craziest compliment ever. So funny.

While I was out yesterday doing normal things. D-man and I went to Target to check out humidiphiers and print out some pictures to use in some empty picture frames in our house.

While we were picking out our pictures to print off I heard these two ladies talking. They were talking about my boy, so I started eve’s dropping. They were talking about how cute his clothes were, then he pulled off his hat and I thought one of them was going to cry she was so in love with his long blond hair! ha ha I love it when other people think my baby is as adorable as I do!

On our way out I took Dylan out of the buggy and carried him since I only had one bag and my diaper bag. As I crossed the street there was an older man looking our direction, but he was with an older woman who I assumed to be his wife, so I wasn’t really creeped out. I smiled and continued across the parking lot, and he kept staring. Since we were crossing the street going right toward him it was a little awkward. Then he smiled and said, “I think I’ve seen you before.” That seemed like a possibility, so I smiled while I said, “Oh really. Ok.” He replied, “Yeah. On tv I think.” At that point I was trying not to laugh out loud. So instead I said, “Oh, nope. Not on tv.” Once again he replied, and said, “Hmm. Well, you should be on tv. You’re really beautiful.” I was laughing to myself now and threw a “Thank You” over my shoulder as he kept talking. So funny, but flattering.

Anyway, that was just some random things that made me feel good/awkward this week. What randoms have happened to you lately?

2 comments:

itsourwonderfullife said...

YOU are beautiful, gracious, and classy....you are going to be getting tons of these compliments for the rest of your life!! DYLAN is the cutest little buggar that ever was....so HE will be following suit. hehe. LOVE YOU GUYS!

trine k said...

that's awesome, but not surprising! You are totally beautiful!