I think...
(picture taken Thanksgiving day. He wasn't allowed to leave the base because he wasn't phased up - don't ask - enough to do so. I went up for Wed and Thurs then came home Thurs night to go to work. Gotta love Black Friday. All I can say is to those of you who shopped that night you better have been really nice to the workers. They had the short end of the stick on that night!!! Anyway, sorry about my tangent. This picture was in the hotel room on the base that I stayed in. This was just before I left him to come back to Austin. *sniff Doesn't he look tired? He was so exhausted!)
It's been a crazy couple months. Hope everyone is doing well. We are. Ben is actually sitting next to me RIGHT now while I type this, and we're in OUR house! Yay! I am so grateful just to have him in our house. Crazy how you can take something for granted like that. Any normal family will usually have husband and wife under the same roof. You grow accustomed to that and you like it. Ben and I are best friends and we spend all our free time together. Since September 15, 2009 I haven't had my best friend in my house. That is the day I drove him down to San Antonio to drop him off at the air force base for his first day of Basic Military Training. *sigh
It's been a long road, but I am glad to say that I have made it so far! Ben is doing an awesome job at his training right now. For those of you who knew he wanted to become a fire fighter (and those of you who didn't - you do now) that didn't go according to plan. After he graduated he was given his assignment which is "Aerospace Medical." He is going thru the training/school stuff for that right now. He is in Wichita Falls, which is about 4-5 hours away from me. BOO! So he is in the medical field and he will be an emt, paramedic, nurse, etc. The list goes on and on. Basically what happens is when he gets stationed he will be whatever they need him to be. If his base needs a neonatal nurse or a paramedic he will be that for them. So his training is 13 weeks. He should be done mid to late March depending on how quickly their class goes. Then he has another 7 weeks at another base, which we don't know until that time comes. The second phase of the training is the hands on part where he is in the ER and all that. After that we will get stationed at his permanent base (permanent meaning where we will live until he gets sent somewhere else). So we're thinking we'll be moving sometime in the summer. Hopefully...and hopefully we can go together and BEFORE it gets too hot!!!
Love you all!!!
Summer 2020 Family Trips
-
2020 has been an interesting year with the COVID-19 Pandemic. We had plans
to go on a Disney Cruise, and Hawaii... but alas, things changed.... so we
CA...
5 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment