Sunday, October 25, 2009

Long time...

No post.
I know it's been a while. Sorry to keep every one waiting. I'm doing really well, I have gotten to hear from Ben quite a few times. He started his 6th week today according to him. I have received many (okay, not many, but you know what I mean) letters since I last posted. Ben is an Element Leader in his flight. That means he is in charge of about 15 people out of their flight (group), and what they do wrong he can be accountable for right along with them. I got to talk to him yester day on the phone and have had the opportunity to a few times before that. He said this coming week they are going to "The Beast." I know, ominous right? It is their simulation of a deployment. BMT stands for basic military training. So last week he got gassed in a gas chamber. They have to go in and they set off a tear gas or something and then they are called forward one at a time. They then have to remove their mask and recite a phrase before they can leave. It commonly produces reactions such as vommiting, running noses, and head aches. So that sounds like fun. Ben said before he did it that he heard it produces more fluid from the nose than you could ever imagine. He didn't really go into any details about it yesterday, so I don't know how it affected him. Back to "The Beast" - they are "deployed" for the whole week. They will go on a bus to the location. They will then be camping the whole week and eating MRE's, so hopefully he'll at least be able to eat more now that he's not being rushed by the people in the mess hall. That would be a plus. He said that he is so hungry all the time. Poor baby. So they are camping and they will be in tents and such for the whole week. They will practice with their guns and all the equiptment they would have if they were in a war zone. Last week they got to qualify with their guns and do drills with shooting. So when he get's back from "The Beast" he will only have about two weeks left. YAY!!
It is amazing how quickly the weeks have gone by. Every day is torture, but when I think back to how far we've come it is amazing that their are less than 20 days left until I get to see my husband! Woo hoo! If anyone has any good tips on toning up fast let me know. I've been slacking off these past 4 weeks and just gotten really serious about getting toned. I know it just takes hard work and time, but if anyone wants to impart any wisdom on me feel free. Skdohm@yahoo.com
These next few weeks will probably go by quickly. The week before, which is the week after this coming week - holy crap- I am going home to CA to go to my sister's wedding (Ben's sister). Then the weekend after that I go to see Ben in San Antonio!
I have some shopping to do too. I bought some really cute shoes and some tops (shoes and one top shown below), but I need some more.

I need to create 4 outfits, and I don't really like to dig for clothes like at Marshall's. I like to go there and look, but I don't like to have to stay there for hours to find one good thing. I guess it's because I work with clothes and I know I can get them easier and with more luck. So give me some more help with that too. I got the shirt(s) at BCBG at the outlet mall, and the shoes I saw at Marshall's first, but they didn't have my size. So I went on a hunt on the internet for them. I ordered them, for $40 more, and never got them. The USPS person that delivers my mail apparently put the key the my parcel locker in someone else's mail locker. We have mail lockers like an apartment complex has. So they never turned up, even when a note was left by the Post Master in every one's mail box. So I got my refund from the first company, because they didn't have any more of my size left!!! Then I searched and searched again. I found a company that still had my size so I called to see if they would do a price match since their price was $50 more than the first company. The shoe brand that mine was part of doesn't participate in the price match, but when I told the lady what had happened and she felt bad and gave me a coupon code that made it so it was only about $5 more than the first time I purchased them. I got them on time from UPS on Wednesday.

Ben asked me to send him a picture of myself a while ago so I had some fun doing a self photo shoot with the timer on my camera! ha ha It was pretty hard to get a good, close enough shot to show what I looked like. He just wants to be able to look at a picture of me, since I've been telling him about how I look at his picture every day.
So here's a few of my favorites! Apparently I have no upper lip...



5 comments:

Kents said...

You're so funny. Love the pictures. I love that you have mickey mouse on in the background. Good luck with the next 20 days. Love you~! Dad found a video of JB and my first date. Angie was filming. I don't know how old you were, but MAN Audrey looks and acts a lot like you. CUTE!!!!

trine k said...

ooo, cute shoes! No wonder you went on such a hunt for them! You look great! I was totally checking out your room in the background and your house looks so nice!!
Glad you get to see Ben soon, you're almost there!

The Huffaker Family said...

Chica! You are so beautiful...you do have an upper lip, it's part of your gorgeous smile! Ben will love your pictures. How could he not love looking at your beautiful face? I am exicted to hear that he is doing well in his training.

t5winmom said...

Beautiful sister of mine... thanks for the update! You're almost there!!! Less than 2 weeks!! You are an amazing, strong, wonderful woman - glad you take after me. hee hee

Love you, Peep!
xoxoxo

Brittanie said...

cute pictures you foxxy lady! I talked to your mom this weekend when we were in California. Just wanted to say hello and tell you I DO read this, even though I rarely comment!