Sunday, October 4, 2009

I recognize that voice...

Well, last night I got to talk to Ben! He called me while he had 15 minutes of leisure time. It was so great to hear his voice. I didn't recognize the phone number, but I knew the area code was San Antonio, so I picked up. When I answered all he said was "Hey." I didn't say anything. I was just so excited and shocked that it was him. All I said back was "Hi." I just didn't want to make myself wake up from the best dream ever! Then we started talking and it was like he was just on his way home from work and I was waiting for him. It is amazing how wonderful a voice can make you feel! I was so glad to talk to him and hear his voice! Thanks for calling me on your leisure time babe!
We talked for about 10 minutes and he had to go. Some one was waiting for the phone and he had to go to the mailbox to drop me a letter. Then a few minutes later I got another call from a San Antonio area code. So I answered and it was him again! He had a few minutes left over and had a free phone. I was so grateful to talk to him and hear what's been going on. He is really not liking the boot camp thing, but I'm pretty sure he knows it'll get better soon. He can't wait to see me, and I can't wait to see him either! It's going to be so great to see him! He told me I need to hurry and get my military ID so I can go to church on base with him. He won't be able to sit by me, but at least I could see him and maybe talk to him! Wow! That would be awesome!
Well, that's my update for now! I'm still on cloud nine! Hopefully, knock on wood, I'll be able to talk to him every weekend! My phone is permenantly attached to my hip! Love you all! Thanks for the calls, emails, and prayers. Pray this week that Ben will get his fire job or be at peace with what Heavenly Father wants him to do! Thanks, and I love you all! Can't wait to talk to you all! I can't believe we're on week 3 now!

4 comments:

t5winmom said...

YIPPEE!!!
xoxo Ang

Vanessa said...

So glad you got to talk to him! This will indeed strengthen your marriage, as hard as it is. I feel for you, even though I've never experienced what you are going through. Hang in there!!

Kylie said...

You are so strong and amazing! I am so glad you got to talk to him. I know its hard, but a time like this just makes you realize how much you love eachother, and how much you appreciate eachother. Everything will work out! Love you!

The Huffaker Family said...

Hooray for phone calls!! I am so glad that you were able to talk to Ben yesterday. You are one tough chica!! You are amazing and have so much patience! One more thing, yesterday in the Sunday Morning Session when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang "I Need Thee Every Hour," I thought "they are singing this for Shakirra!" Love you, Chica!