Saturday, November 15, 2008

Do you like my...tile?

Well, it has been a great week! More progress on our house. Thanks Mike and Lisa for coming to town next week to spark a flame of creativity and necessity under our butts! ha ha Just kidding.
Anyway, I just wanted to show off a little and brag about what a genius and awesome tiler my husband is!!! These are two projects he has taken on this week, and I must say he out-did himself this time!
Just look!



Ok, this desk area is in one bedroom upstairs. It looks like it was a "custom" add-on to the house for the original owners. So, it isn't much to look at, but keep scrolling, to see the progress!


The desk part is a granite tile that I picked out, thank you very much! ha ha The backsplash area is slate, and it ties in with the bathroom up there.


The finished product...kind of. In this picture I don't think it had been sealed or cleaned, but it still looks a million times better than it did! I like it!!


This is my attempt to recreate something we did when we tiled the bathroom upstairs. We wrote on the wall about love, and took a picture of it...but unfortunately the camera was stolen before we could upload them!!
So this home has more love in it. This is something I would love to do every project we do! That way the house is built with love!!!

I'll put up another picture when the stove and fridge are back in and the tile is sealed! It is really looking beautiful! I am so grateful that my husband is so talented!
Hope all is well!

5 comments:

t5winmom said...

So... Ben needs a new shirt for Christmas?

The counter looks FAB! So if we offer to pay Ben to tile for us, will you come for a visit? 8^)

And what a fun idea - to build "LOVE" into your home! xoxo

tara said...

Handy dandy. You should give DIY tips about things like this. Except if I'm being honest I'll admit that I have no intention of tile-ing anything.

Good job though. It looks great!

Cody and Kylie said...

what a transformation! looks great. you guys do some good work. hope all is well, looks like you are!

Cody and Kylie said...

what a transformation! looks great. you guys do some good work. hope all is well, looks like you are!

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Ooo! I do love that tile color! Very nice! :) Looks like you guys did a great job!