Pictures now...text later. I will explain them another day. I just need to post them and put them out there, but I also have to go to work now! Hope you enjoy them!!!!!
This is an easy one...Ben took this picture from the plane, hence the wing in the shot, on our way to California. He was quite pleased with himself for taking such an awesome picture.
This is a shot from the balcony of our hotel in San Diego, CA. It was quite posh and right on the water front. We were sad to leave it, and wish we had a view like that everyday! 
This is what we woke up to...gorgeous! I love the water, and this was the perfect hotel for us! We slept with the curtains open so we could look out and see all the boats.
We are so clever! We figured out how to use the timer on our new camera! That was fun to do that! Turn it on, set the timer, run to get into postion! Cheese!
I know you can't really see us in this one, but I liked it because you can totally see the background, which is gorgeous! Have I said that already?
This is the bridge to the island that our hotel over looked.
Back inside the room. It had cute little couches and leather ottomans in the sitting area.
On the balcony in the nice comfy seats!
Token picture of just Ben. Actually he wanted me to get the sail boats in the background, but it never turned out well, so that is the one he picked that looked the best.
See that little speck? 5 down, 3 from the right...that is me on our balcony while Ben took the picture from the pool area (there were 3 pools, a lounge, and some of those covered seating areas you could reserve!
This is as much as our camera would zoom in. We were on the 12th floor. So much fun!
Touring the USS Midway. Turns out Ben's Grandfather was once stationed on this ship for two years! It was fun to walk around a see all the tight quarters and small hallways! I think I would have gotten lost way too often!
Captain Ben! ha ha Just a part of the tour! Lots of gadgets to look at, buttons, levers, dials, etc.
Ben watching a short film on Pilots and ejector seats.
"I have to go the the bathroom," and this is what he came back with! It was luch time, I'll give him that much...and yes, he did share with me!
Out on the deck where the planes landed. It was huge. Bigger than a football field, maybe the size of two or three. It got really hot out there on the deck with the sun beating down on you. I don't know how they wore their jumpsuits, uniforms, etc out there all day!
There were about 15-20 planes out on the deck you could look at and some you could go in. We had the "guided tour" with headphones. You could type in the number on the sign displayed and it would tell you a story about someone important or facts about the planes and stuff. It was interesting.
Ben inside the Helicopter that would drop the troops!
Me inside the same helicopter trying to buckle my seat belt.
Ben sitting at some kind of important desk where they read the sonar or something.
On the way out! That is the ship behind him. It is a huge ship and I recommend that anyone who can go and see this in person!
The wall of pictures of commanding officers. That was cool to look at too.
All in all we had a lot of fun. We went to Six Flags too with my aunt and cousin (who just got his mission call to Stockholm, Sweden!) and that was interesting. I got super sick from the heat or the rides or my breakfast! Anyway, we enjoyed our time back home! And from this picture I wonder if we(Ben) enjoyed it a little too much, or maybe that was the pain meds kicking in from his hands?! ha ha
We hope this finds you all well, and sorry it took so long to get this up! Love to you all!
Summer 2020 Family Trips
-
2020 has been an interesting year with the COVID-19 Pandemic. We had plans
to go on a Disney Cruise, and Hawaii... but alas, things changed.... so we
CA...
5 years ago



3 comments:
Can't wait to get the text! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Ummm, one question... what's that little dark spot under Ben's lip???
xoxo Ang
so fun, im totally jealous! where were you guys at? post details soon!
Very cool pictures! Nice hotel!!! Can't wait to hear! What a cute couple you two make!
Post a Comment