WARNING: This post contains pictures that may be offensive and not for the faint of heart. There are pictures of actual stitches and cuts.
Here is the grinder (with a saw blade on it) that damaged by husbands hands!
If you can see the blade here, it is pretty think and really sharp! It has pieces of the roof stick on it from where it cut into the shingles! But don't worry, it got it's just desserts! ha ha
The karma it got, cutting it's own cord. That was very helpful though because if it was still spinning it could have done a lot of damage to our cars, garage, etc.
Ben couldn't help himself and while I was in the shower he took off his bandages to check out the surgeon's handiwork! That really wasn't a good idea, but we took pictures any way! This is the left ring finger (the middle finger got cut on the tip, it only has 3 stitches but cut the fingernail too.
This is still the left hand, but in the thumb area. This is where he cut the artery, nerves, muscles, and fractured the bone as well.
Here is the right hand. It turned out to be much deeper and more intense than the original prognosis. There were nerves and such cut here too.
Here are both hands! Isn't that sight pretty sad? I am sad that this happened to him, but grateful for the opportunity to serve my husband who is really independent!
Summer 2020 Family Trips
-
2020 has been an interesting year with the COVID-19 Pandemic. We had plans
to go on a Disney Cruise, and Hawaii... but alas, things changed.... so we
CA...
5 years ago



3 comments:
Poor Ben, that looks brutal! Though the damage is bad I'm just glad he didn't cut off his whole hand, it sounds like that could have easily happened! If it makes him feel any better I think the stitches look pretty cool, he'll have some nice battle wound stories to tell! You're both still in our prayers! :)
Wow! I know that I am far away, but is there anything I can do to help??! You and Ben will be in our prayers. Like you said...it's a blessing that he didn't cut anywhere else! What a crazy, scary, and every other feeling experience!
Hey Shakirra! This is Courtney Suarez Gray! I know this is strange, but I went to school with Ben when we were younger. I am sorry to see his hands in such bad shape. I will keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery. I also hope that ya'll made it out safe with the storm. Well if ya'll ever come to Louisiana, I would love to meet you. I would have attended the wedding, but it was a little far away! Keep in touch. Here is one of my email address' cgray@windwardinc.com. Tell hello for me. Thanks!
Post a Comment