Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another new addition!


Well, I am proud to announce a new addition to our family. Ben is gone and I got the good news while I was alone. I went to go and see some schnauzer puppies! They are so cute! They had six, but only 2 were left and they were both girls. So I looked at them both and played with them for a while. I asked if I could bring Tobey by to see if they would get along, and he said yes. So I got Tobey and brought him by and he didn't really care about them. He was too busy peeing on all the trees in their yard. The girls didn't really care about him that much either. One was a little more stand off-ish and did a little barking at him. That was cute. The other one just laid there with me and slept. She didn't make any noises at all. I wanted to pick one that was laid back like Tobey so I picked her. She was also smaller than the other. They were calling her Coco, but I don't think I like that name very much. She is all black, about 14 inches from tail to nose. She had on a pink collar. So I went to the bank and got the money to pay for her, got some puppy chow, a small bowl for her to eat from, a couple toys, a tiny bone, and a halter vest for her so we can attatch the leash to it instead of her collar.
When we got home I took her upstairs and gave her a bath in our bowl sink. She started to cry and shake in the water. I dried her off with a towel and then introduced her to the hair dryer. She didn't really like that. I let her roam around the house for a while and she started crying. I think she either had to go potty or missed her brothers and sisters. I gave her some food and she really liked it. We went outside and the first thing she did was peed on the grass. When we came back inside I put some food into the bowl I bought and added some water because it was too hard for her to chew. She has been cuddling with me ever since. Tobey is out getting his hair cut and we are getting acquainted with each other and the house right now. She is still sleeping though.
Here are a few pictures. I took these with the camera on our computer so they aren't great or clear, but as soon as I find our camera I will post some more!
Have a great day!

1 comments:

Tamster said...

Cute! How big do they get? :-)
Congrats on your new additions! ;-)