Well, Ben has officially been gone for 3 weeks today! Isn't that ridiculous? I have missed him so much while he has been gone. He has been in Louisiana the whole time working hard! I don't think he has had a day off completely. He stayed up the other night until 4:30 am working on a friend's home. He is exhausted. Now he has an 8-9 hour drive home. I love him and am so excited for him to come home today!
Since it is "fast Sunday" today I thought I should speak a little about the spiritual aspect of my life. I don't do it very often on the blog, but I would like to maybe do it more. I have been alone for 3 weeks now in our house and I have had a lot of time to myself to think and ponder. I went to a stake meeting for all the auxiliaries of the church. Since I am part of the Primary Presidency I was asked to attend. It was nice to be at a meeting with adults and to feel the spirit. A question was posed: "What was your first calling?" That got me thinking and here is a list of all the callings I have ever had: Stake Missionary, Sign Language Interpreter, Nursery worker, Nursery song leader (I think that was a made up one so I could have a calling :0}), Primary Secretary, Primary Secretary (2nd time). Then the question was posed: "Why did Heavenly Father choose you to be in that position?" The answer they wanted was the we were "to make a difference for at least one child." By that time my mind was wandering and I was thinking about my own life. Why did Heavenly Father want me in my callings? He put me in callings with children because they are so wonderful! Children are an amazing gift from God and I am so excited for the day when we will be blessed with children of our own! Ben and I are so looking forward to that day. Not only because I can come home and not deal with work matters (although I will miss it), but because we know that is our calling and purpose in life. We need to bring to the Earth little souls and be in charge of their growth and well being. What a glorious and semi scary responsibility.
I am grateful for my Savior and his ultimate sacrifice for all of us. I am grateful for the Easter season to find more opportunities to share the gospel with friends and family. I know that the Lord has us in his watchful care and won't let us do anything tha isn't in our plan. I am grateful for the plan of salvation and what joy it brings!
I am exctited to listen to General Conference and hear our new prophet speak to us for the first time in the conference setting! What a wonderful thing to experience. What a great man he is and I am grateful for the life he has lived, that he is worthy to speak to, and as a mouthpiece for God our Eternal Father.
I am grateful for all the love and learning I get from all my friends and family. Thank you all! Love to you all!
Summer 2020 Family Trips
-
2020 has been an interesting year with the COVID-19 Pandemic. We had plans
to go on a Disney Cruise, and Hawaii... but alas, things changed.... so we
CA...
5 years ago



2 comments:
Thanks for sharing those thoughts. I need to think about that more myself. :-)
I hope your sweetie gets home soon, safe and sound! :-)
I was just curious as to your Christian denomination. What type of Christian church to you go to? Are you currently a LDS? Thank you..
Post a Comment